Safety in the workplace begins with you. Take our Lock Out Tag Out course to learn how to properly secure equipment that is not working or may pose a risk to the health or safety of you or another employee.
What is Lock Out Tag Out Training?
Safety begins with you in the workplace, always. One way to ensure safety is to make sure that all equipment and tools being used are in good working order. When they are not, individuals need to take steps to ensure no one uses the equipment or tools until they can be properly fixed.
This is the essence of “Lock Out Tag Out” training – giving individuals the knowledge on how to correctly take a piece of equipment or tool out of service, and the steps on bringing it back into service once it has been fixed.
After you have finished training in Lock Out Tag Out you should:
- Be familiar with the mandatory rules, guidelines and directions for the effective lock-out and tag-out of controls and machines.
- Be familiar with the mandatory rules, guidelines and directions for safe restating use of controls and machines.
- Know what Lock Out Tag Out devices are acceptable to use for properly Locking Out and Tagging Out a machine or control.
- Be aware of the dangers and hazards of operating faulty of damaged equipment.
- Understand the Engineered Safety Devices built into machines and controls.
- Be aware that there maybe special situations and how to act accordingly.
*Group Management Tools are used to Manage Group Accounts with Group Leaders. These are for organizations that need more hands-on reporting. Support is during regular business hours (EST time zone.)
During online training, participants will be assessed by end-of-lesson quizzes. These quizzes are designed to test understanding of the material, and usually reference key concepts as well as how this training relates to personal work environments.
End-of-course tests assess and encompass the scope of the entire course, and are meant as a means to determine understanding of content. By completing these assessments, a course certification will be awarded to the account.
All courses, lessons, topics and quizzes have been designed to take best practices into account. From Distraction-Free Learning Environments to Ease of Use, MyLMS is an industry standard and leader when it comes to online learning solutions.